MINUTES OF VIRTUAL / PHYSICAL MEETING OF TSEWA NEC HELD AT 1000HRS ON 13TH AUG 2022
The meeting was attended by the following:
- CMDE SUDHEER PARAKALA President
- BRIG D S C VARMA Vice President
- LT COL G PARVATHESAM General Secretary
- LT COL V C SALINS Treasurer
- CDR CHANDRA SHEKHAR Joint Secretary
- BRIG CS VIDYASAGAR Chief Mentor
- COL AJIT SINGH RANA President North Zone
- MAJ GEN S N MUKHERJEE President East Zone
- CMDE ASHOK KOTA President South Zone
- HAV HARISH ASTHANA President Uttar Pradesh
- COL SRIKANTHA SESHADRI President Karnataka
- WO R N THIRU CHELVAM President Tamilnadu
- BRIG SURESH NAIR President Kerala
- HSM K V SUBBA RAO President Coastal Area Andhra Pradesh
- LT COL V R R S REDDY Executive Member
- COL CAJ SWAMY President Andhra Pradesh
- HONY CAPT G J MANOHAR President Rayalaseema
The president welcomed all the NEC members who were present. The president gave a brief on the progress of the points of the last NEC meeting held on 23rd July 2022. The following points were discussed and decisions taken.
Item No.1: Pending AFT Cases. The president informed that the committee consisting Brig CS Vidyasagar, Chief Mentor, Cdr Chandra Shekhar, Lt Col Parvathesam and the President took stock of the various pending cases and informed Brig AK Srivastava, our Advocate. Our Advocate was briefed about the growing negativity amongst various litigants and requested to use his good offices to settle some of the pending cases by end of the year.
Item No.2: Charity for Miss Sonalika. Smt Podili Sampurna, mother of Miss Sonalika had submitted an application requesting for financial assistance for the education of her daughter. On scrutiny of her documents, it was seen that her case was very genuine and deserved financial assistance for pursuing her degree. The General Secretary spoke to the Principal and got a discount of Rs.5,000/- in the tuition fee and also payment of the total of Rs. 57,000/- in two instalments. The President proposed that NEC approve the amount to be paid from Rs. 1.00 lakh donation received from Sri Sudhakara Murthy, son-in Law of Maj Gen Gorthy since the total fee to be paid exceeds the financial powers of the Charity Committee.
The NEC has unanimously approved the grant of Rs.57,500/- to be paid in two installments of Rs. 30,000/- and 27,500.
Item No.3: SPARSH. The president appraised the NEC that a fresh mail was forwarded again to PCDA (Pensions), Prayagraj with a live case highlighting the drawbacks of SPARSH. The mail has also been endorsed to the PM, RM and FM. A reply is awaited.
Item No. 4. Reconciliation of Money paid to Lawyer for AFT Cases. On reconciliation it was found that till date the amount paid as advance fees to the Advocates is approx. Rs.51,44,181 out of which Rs.39,38,681 has been paid to Brig AK Srivastava.
Item No. 5. Payment of Nb/Sub Pension to Hony Nb/Sub. The chief mentor Brig CS Vidyasagar briefed the NEC the details of the Circular -631, pertaining to this issue, wherein Para-3 of the ibid circular clearly states that all pre 2006 Hony Nb/sub will be granted the pension of Nb/sub. However, they have received arrears for the period from Jan 2006 to June 2014 only.
In view of the above the following decision were taken.
- The president TSEWA to send a Letter to the MoD in the regard.
- Petitioner should write a letter to their respective CPPC and Records asking them to pay the arrears till date and also the pension of a Nb/Sub as per para -3 of circular-631.
- The Zonal Presidents were requested to interact with the Hony Nb/Sub in their zones and ascertain the present status of their pension.
Item No. 6. NFU for Officers. The president informed that Maj SK Jain has sent a mail stating that Col Mukul Dev has filed a case in the SC seeking NFU for the officers at par with other Group A services. Brig Vidyasagar suggested that TSEWA may ascertain if there is any financial assistance required to Col Mukul Dev.
The matter was discussed at length and it was decided that Cdr Chandra Shekhar (Jt Secy and Legal Advisor) to kindly examine and advice if there is any merit in TSEWA filing a similar case separately or render financial assistance to Col Mukul Dev.
Item No. 7. No Representative from J&K. The president brought out that presently we do not have any representative form J&K in TSEWA. He therefore requested Col Ajit Singh Rana (Zonal President North Zone) to identify a suitable person to look after ESM of J&K.
Item No. 8. Update by Maj Gen SN Mukherjee. (President TSEWA East Zone). Maj Gen Mukherjee appraised the NEC members the following: –
- WhatsApp groups in 8 Districts out of 22 districts in West Bengal have been Rest are in progress.
- Veteran Meet is being planned to be held in the first week of Dec 2022
There being no other points the NEC meeting was closed. It was decided to hold the next meeting on 27th Aug 2022.
Commodore, IN (Retd)