Pensioners can submit Life Certificate in any branch of the Pension paying Bank. The authority Letter is below:
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
Central Pension Accounting Office
Trikoot-II, Bhikaji Cama Place
Subject: – Simplification of Pension Procedure- Amendment in para 15 and para 16 of “Scheme for payment of pensions to Central Govt. Civil Pensioners by Authorised Bank”.
1. Attention is invited to the provisions contained in paras 15 and 16 of the Scheme Booklet regarding submission of life & other certificates and inter bank /intra bank transfer of pension Account.
2. Keeping in view the need to make the process of submission of certificates user friendly and in line with the technological
advancement in the banking industry, it has been decided to allow pensioner/family pensioner to submit the life certificate as well as other certificates to any branch of the Bank through which his /her pension/family pension is being disbursed.
3. Further with the introduction of CBS and implementation of CPPC, the pensioner/family pensioner who is desirous of transferring his/her pension account from one branch to another branch (whether local or out station) of the same bank should has the option of putting in his/ her request at either of the two branches instead of the present dispensation wherein transfer request is entertained only at the home branch. The transfer application will require mentioning both account numbers (in the old & new branch) with both branch contact details. The branch receiving the application will scan and register the same
to CPPC. CPPC will coordinate the continuity of disbursement of
monthly pension/family pension without any break.
4. All banks are hereby directed to follow the above procedural
modifications in pension process and issue necessary instructions to all concerned accordingly.
5. This issues with the concurrence of Department of Pensions &
Pensioners Welfare, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances &
Pensions and Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance.
Chief Controller (Pensions)