Pension Organisation

Naval Pension Offices

 There are basically three organisations which are dealing with the pensions details of which are given below:
Naval Pension Office (Navpen). This is a newly created organisation which looks into the pensions of officers and Sailors. It is co-located with INS Tanaji and is headed by Logistic Officer-in-Charge of the rank of a Commodore. SO (Pensions) Officers and SO(Pensions) Sailors under him look after all pension matters. Issue of all PPOs and Corr PPOs are also coordinated by him. For all queries regarding your pensions you can write to him directly. The address of NAVPEN is given below:
        The Logistic Officer-in-Charge
        Naval Pension Office
        C/O INS Tanaji
        Sion Trombay Road
        Mumbai – 400 088
        Toll Free Number: 1800220560
Naval Pay Office (Navpay). This old Naval Pay Office continues to disburse all terminal benefits to officers and sailors on release/retirement since Navpen does not have cash assignment. Some of the records are still held by Naval Pay Office but eventually all the records will also go to Navpen at Mankhrud. In case you haven’t received your terminal benefits on retirement, you can write to Navpay keeping Navpen informed. The Naval Pay Office address is given below:
        The Logistic Officer-in-Charge
        Naval Pay Office
        Shahid Bhagat Singh Road
        Mumbai- 400001
        e-Mail ID:
PCDA (Navy) Pension Cell. The PCDA (Navy) Pension Cell is now located opposite Naval Pay Office and deals with issue of all PPOs and Corr PPOs. For all matters related to PPOs, Corr PPOs or corrections there of, you may write to them copy to Navpen, Mankhrud or write to Navpen copy to PCDA (Pensions). The main Office of PCDA(Navy) is located at Cooperage near bandstand Mumbai but the Pension cell is now located opposite Naval Pay Office. The address is given below:
        The Principal Controller of Defence Accounts (Navy)
        Pension Cell
        Shahid Bhagat Singh Road
        Mumbai -400001
        Tel: 022-22696139
INS Tanaji. The Commodore Bureau of Sailors (CABs) at Cheeta camp, Mankhrud, Mumbai was commissioned as a full fledged establishment on 10 Jul 2012. Co, INS Tanaji (old CABs) will deal with all matters of recruiting, Manpower planning of sailors and deal with transfers and promotions of all sailors. The OI/C Release centre is merged with LOIC, Navpen and therefore all Release formalities of Sailors are also looked after by LOIC, Navpen including for Officers. NHQ (PDPA) who was dealing with Officer’s pensions will now be looked after by Navpen only. Veterans are therefore advised not to write to CO, INS Tanaji (Old CABs) on any matters pertaining to veteran officers and sailors.
The Navy has taken note of various difficulties faced by Officers and Sailors in receiving the Pensions through banks and CPPCs. The Navy is planning to therefore establish a full fledged Navpen with cash disbursement authority. Once it is approved, Navpen will directly calculate the pensions and arrears and credit the amounts to the bank accounts of Pensioners/Families every month without the need for CPPCs. Till this happens, we will have to depend upon CPPCs.
I therefore request Naval veterans to kindly make a note as  also disseminate to all your friends who are not Members of TSEWA. You are welcome to take up various issues directly /through TSEWA for my attention. I will take up the cases at appropriate level and ensure speedy resolution of the problems.
Warm regards,
Cmde Sudheer Parakala, IN (Retd)
President, East & South Zones
TSEWA -220
Mob: 9849057767


  1. My father LCDR V.P.Bakshi expired on 5 Jan 2019 do I have to send his death certificate to Navpen for start of family pension.

  2. Sir,
    I have been released from service on 31.08.2015 with disability (primary HTN) as NANA of 30% for lifetime. After appealing to the 1st and 2nd Appellate Authority I have approached the hon’ble AFT, Chennai Bench and vide the bench’s verdict OA No. 197 of 2017 dated 09.07.2018 the Tribunal has reserved its decision in favour of me. So it was told that atleast 04 months is required for processing the revised disability pension and the arrears to be disbursed. But till November 2018 I didnt received any response from the authorities. Regarding this I have written to PCDA, Allahabad and after kind response from them where its mentioned that PCDA (N), Mumbai will look after this I started writing emails to Naval Pension Office, Mumbai and PCDA (N), Mumbai but not a single response have been received till now. Then again on 24.12.2018, I had filed a RTI vide DEXSW/R/2018/51123 dated 24.12.2018. The CPIO from MOD has forwarded the same to IHQ, Mod(N) which IHQ, Mod(N) has redirected to LOIC, Naval Pension Office, Mankhurd, Mumbai urging to send the reply directly to me. But as I am writing this mail (i.e. today on 08.02.2019) i didnt recieved any mail/ telephonic calls/ response from the authorities.
    Kindly suggest what should I do?

    Thanks and best regards,
    Aniruddha Talukdar

  3. Dear Sir,
    I have served in Indian navy for six and half years, got discharged from service in August 2000. I have lost my discharge certificate can you please guide me the procedure to get a new one.
    Best regards.

  4. Dear sir,
    I requsted for change of my permanent address vide a application dated 17 Aug 2017.
    I got reply from your office vide letter No. NAVPEN/GB/ 05638k dt.30 Aug 2017.

    The following documents are submitted hear with for change of my permanent address.
    (A) Declaration form as per AHQ letter No A/0065/Org-8 (1 of R) (A) dt 07 jul 1988 duly authenticated by Zila Sainik Kalyan Evam Punarvas Adhikari , Ghaziabad (new address ) and Zila Sainik Kaliyan Evam Punarvas Adhikari Aligarh (old address) in original.
    (B) photocopy of descharge certificate.
    (C) photocopy of ESM ID card.
    (D) Photocopy of Aadhar card.
    (E) photocopy of passport .
    (F) Photocopy of PAN Card.

    Stil I have not recieved any information.
    Please gide me.

  5. Dear Sir,
    My relative who was working in navy met with an accident & passed away in June 2017. His parents to get Family Pension against his Death Gratuity. We have submitted all documents in August 2017 but did not yet get Family pension & we do not know the status of processing. Please suggest us to whom we should contact.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *