Minutes of the Virtual/ Physical Meeting of the TSEWA National Executive Committee held at 1000 hrs on 26 February 2022
The meeting was attended by the following:-
- Cmde Sudheer Parakala President, in Chair
- Brig CS Vidyasagar Chief Mentor
- HFO AV Reddy Vice-President
- Col N Sitaramaiah Vice-President
- Lt Col G Parvathesam General Secretary
- Cdr Chandra Shekhar Joint Secretary
- Hony Capt MN Reddy Joint Secretary
- Lt Col VC Salins Treasurer
- Cmde Ashok Kota President TSEWA, South Zone
- WO Thiruchelvam President TSEWA, Tamilnadu
- Cmde KS Sandhu President TSEWA, West Zone
- Col Srikantha Seshadri President TSEWA, Karnataka
- Maj Gen SN Mukherjee President TSEWA, Eastern Zone
- Hav Harish Asthana President TSEWA, UP
- Hony Capt GJ Manohar President TSEWA, AP(Rayalaseema)
- Col Ajit Rana President TSEWA, North Zone
- Lt Col LM Singh President TSEWA, North-East
- Brig RS Rawat President TSEWA, Central Zone
- Col CM Unnithan President TSEWA, Chennai Metro
- Lt Col VRRS Ramana Reddy Member
- Maj Dr. B Bhikshapathy Member
- Lt Col Dr. Bhaskara Reddy Member
- Mrs Rekha Sekhri Co-opted Member
- Lt Col LM Aggrawal TSEWA Member
The President welcomed all present in the meeting and requested the General Secretary to commence the proceedings.
Review of Minutes of the Last NEC Meeting: The General Secretary read out the minutes and informed the progress on each point as under:-
- Item No. 1. Broad banding of Disability Pension: The General Secretary informed that next hearing of case is scheduled for 18 April 2022.
- Item No. 2. Item No. 2. Social Media: The General Secretary requested for more videos to be shared in Social Media. Mrs Rekha Sekhri suggested that the video should be for a duration not exceeding 15 -10 minutes. The NEC agreed with her suggestion since we will not be able to hold the attention of the viewers for more than that time.
Action: Zonal/ State Presidents are requested to do the needful.
- Item No. 3. ePPO of ESM: The General Secretary informed that there are number of cases of ePPOs which require liaison with respective Record Offices.
Action: Zonal/ State Presidents are requested to do the needful. The President assured that necessary mails will be sent by Senior Veteran Officers of TSEWA where ever required, if requested by State Presidents.
- Item No. 4. Madhuri Sewa Fund: The President informed that Col Nagesh Gupta requested to find out more number of deserving students for the financial assistance especially from the States other than Telangana. He informed that the students should preferably from the final year and studying in Government Colleges.
Action: The Zonal/ State Presidents are requested to do the needful.
- Item No. 5. OROP-2019 Case: The General Secretary informed that the case is scheduled for next hearing on 11 March 2022.
- Item No. 6. WW II Veterans Case: The General Secretary informed that TSEWA has received 28 applications so far, which are under process and that the entire lot would be sent to Brig SKS Rana, VSM for liaising with Jindals who assured financial assistance to this category of Non-pensioners and their widows.
- Item No. 7. Widow Rehana Case: The General Secretary informed that TSEWA is sending Rs 10,000/- per month to her. In addition, her case is being filed in AFT and also pursuing her mercy petition for family pension with AHQ. The President informed that Lt Col Sharma from the US has also donated one lakh and the cheque was expected to be received soon.
- Item No. 8. Maj Gens Case: The General Secretary informed that TSEWA has forwarded 101 applications for the case being filed. Our Advocate is scrutinizing the documents and due to the restrictions placed by AFT on the numbers for Class-Action Suits, four cases would be filed in the AFT (PB) – Two for Army Petitioners and one each for Navy and IAF Petitioners.
Item No. 1. Donation by Lt Col LM Agrawal: The President welcomed Lt Col LM Agarwal who is one of the oldest Members of TSEWA as a special guest to the NEC Meeting. The veteran officer presented a cheque of Rs 1 Lakh and a clock to TSEWA. He also informed that Col Agrawal has requested ex-officio President of TSEWA to be the Executor of his will and dispose of all the cash to various nominees and keep the balance for TSEWA Charity. The NEC thanked Col Agrawal for his generosity and wished him long healthy life.
Action: The General Secretary is requested to assist the veteran officer as and when required.
Item No. 2. Donation of Dell Laptop by HFO AV Reddy: The President accepted the donation of a Dell laptop by HFO Reddy, Vice President TSEWA and thanked him for his generosity.
Item No. 3. AFT Cases for ACP, MACP & MSP: Brig CS Vidyasagar made a presentation on the cases and said that we have strong cases to be filed in the AFT (PB) for arrears to be paid to the affected Veterans since the ACP and MSP are to be treated as pay for all purposes and hence the arrears should be paid from 01 Jan 2006 and not Sep 2008. The NEC discussed the cases at length and approved filing of the cases in AFT (PB), Delhi through our Advocate.
Action: Brig CS Vidyasagar is requested to prepare draft e-Mails to be sent to all affected Veterans for sensitizing them and inviting them to join the AFT Cases.
Item No. 4. Publication of TSEWA articles in News Papers: Cdr Chandra Shekhar proposed for publication of TSEWA articles in News Papers besides the social media.
Action: The General Secretary is requested to do the needful, where ever possible.
Item No. 5. Disposal of FDs held for Late Capt Gurung: The President informed that as per the decision of NEC, the FD amounts held in the Name of Late Capt Gurung were transferred by Brig Rawat back to TSEWA and that the amount of Rs.8,50,000/- would be invested in FD to be used for any similarly placed Veteran.
Action: The Gen Secy/Treasurer to invest the amount in FD.
There being no further points, the meeting was closed at 12:15 PM and decided to hold the next NEC Meeting on 12 March 2022.
Cmde Sudheer Parkala (Retd)