Minutes of the Virtual Meeting of the TSEWA National Executive Committee held at 1000 hrs on 22 January 2022
The meeting was attended by the following:-
- Cmde Sudheer Parakala President, in Chair
- Col N Sitaramaiah Vice-President
- Lt Col G Parvathesam General Secretary
- Lt Col VC Salins Treasurer
- Hony Capt MN Reddy Joint Secretary
- Cdr Chandra Shekhar Joint Secretary
- Cmde Ashok Kota President TSEWA, South Zone
- WO Thiruchelvam President TSEWA, Tamilnadu
- Cmde KS Sandhu President TSEWA, West Zone
- Col Srikantha Seshadri President TSEWA, Karnataka
- Maj Gen SN Mukherjee President TSEWA, Eastern Zone
- Lt Col LM Singh President TSEWA, North East
- Hav Harish Asthana President TSEWA, UP
- Col Ajit Singh Rana President TSEWA, North Zone
- Maj Dr. B Bhikshapathy Member
- Lt Col Dr. Bhaskara Reddy Member
- Hony Capt B Joseph Member
The President welcomed all present in the meeting and requested the General Secretary to commence the proceedings.
Review of Minutes of the Last NEC Meeting: The General Secretary read out the minutes and informed the progress on each point as under:-
- Item No. 1. ECHS Polyclinic at Manipur: Lt Col LM Singh is requested to progress the matter.
- Item No. 2. Activation of Pension Accounts by SPARSH: The General Secretary informed that a presentation is being prepared by Brig CS Vidyasagar on the subject which will clarify all issues pertaining to the migration. The President informed that he has apprised Honourable Finance Minister Smt. Nirmala Sitaraman about the likely difficulties for the ESM with SPARSH. He informed that PCDA is planning to place their reps at each Record Office to sort out the problems, if any.
Action: Brig CS Vidyasagar is requested to upload the video on the subject on Face Book.
- Item No. 3. Pension of N/Sub to Hony N/Sub: Cdr Chandrasekhar shall prepare Draft Execution petition and send it to our Advocate in Delhi.
- Item No. 4. Issue of Service Book: The matter was discussed in last meeting and Maj Gen SN Mukherjee shall take action for his Service Book accordingly.
Item No. 1. Madhuri Sewa Fund: The General Secretary informed that TSEWA received Rs 84000/- from Col Nagesh Gupta and being distributed to 16 deserving cases.
Action: The General Secretary shall do the needful.
Item No. 2. Financial Support for a Girl Student: The general Secretary informed that the case of a girl student recommended by Maj Gen SN Mukherjee has been sent to Mr Munikrishna, who has agreed to help the student. The President assured that TSEWA will do the needful even if no help is received from Shri MuniKrishna.
Action: The General Secretary shall follow up the case.
Item No. 3. Video Conference System: The President informed that a TV for the system has been purchased at a cost of Rs 83000/-, trials have been carried out and selected the equipment to be purchased. He appreciated the negotiating skills of the General Secretary in reduction of Cost of the System being purchased. He informed that total expenditure for complete system including TV will be about Rs 1,70,000/- and hoped that by next NEC Meeting will be conducted on the video conferencing system..
Action: The General Secretary shall follow up.
Item No. 4. OROP Case at Hyderabad: TSEWA has written to Union Government of India, which is mandatory for progress of the case.
Action: The General Secretary and TSEWA Advocate Lt Col Ravi Chowdhary shall follow up.
Item No. 5. Financial Support to WW II Veterans: The General Secretary informed that TSEWA has received 3 names so far for the support. The President informed that M/s Jindals have accepted to provide financial support for about 25 Veterans. If not many WW II veterans needing the support are available, efforts would be made convince Jindals to extend financial help to 1962/1965 War veterans without pension.
Action: All Zonal/ State Presidents are requested to give wide publicity and send recommendations to TSEWA HQ.
Item No. 6. Financial Support for Widow Rehana: The President informed that TSEWA has received approximately Rs.1,30,000 as donations from the Members. The General Secretary proposed that a sum of Rsw.10,000/- will be sent every month for her sustenance. In the meantime, efforts will be made to get her pension sanctioned through AFT by TSEWA Advocate, Col Ravi Chowdhary. The proposal was approved.
Action: The General Secretary and TSEWA Advocate Lt Col Ravi Chowdhary shall follow up the case.
Item No. 7. Pension Anomalies of Maj Gen & Above: The President informed that TSEWA has received requests from 52 Veteran Officers so far, out of which documents of 42 have been received. He requested Zonal/ State Presidents to inform Veterans known to them about the case and submit the documents latest by end Jan 2022. He informed that our Advocate would be filing the case by first week of Fen 2022.
Action: All Zonal/ State Presidents are requested for wide publicity.
Item No. 8. Financial Assistance to Late Capt VS Gurung: The President informed about sad demise of Veteran Capt VS Gurung and informed that an amount of Rs 6-7 lacs is balance in the Fixed Deposit of the Veteran, which was donated by the members of TSEWA. The NEC decided to seek refund of the amount to TSEWA to be utilized for similar cases which need assistance. It was decided to invest the amount in FD.
Action: The General Secretary & Head Charity Division shall follow up.
Item No. 9. Pension Case of a Widow Shanti Devi: The President appreciated the efforts of Col Srikantha Seshadri in helping the widow in getting her pension and arrears of about Rs 11 lacs, within a few weeks.
There being no further points, the meeting was closed at 11:25 AM and decided to hold the next NEC Meeting on 12 February 2022.
Cmde Sudheer Parkala (Retd)