HOW TO REGISTER AT RODRA AND GET YOUR 7 CPC – E-PPO
Pension Payment Order (PPO) is an important document as far as Pensioners are concerned which determines the Pension to be fixed at the time of retirement. Until October 2017, process of issuing PPO was done manually by PCDA.
PCDA has started issuing electronic-Pension Payment Orders (e-PPOs) for all defence pensioners including defence civilians. The shift from manual system to e-PPO system is expected to minimize delays in pension disbursement and further revision as and when needed. This initiative also eliminates the occurrence of human errors in data entry at multiple levels.
Retired Officers Digital Records Archive (RODRA)
MP 5&6, AGs Branch, Army HQ is responsible for maintaining records of serving and veteran officers of Indian Army.
All Veteran Officers of the Indian Army (less AMC, ADC, MNS & TA), Spouses of such officers in receipt of family pension & Dependents other than spouse in receipt of family pension should register themselves at the RODRA site, https://rodra.gov.in/.
Procedure for Registering (Sign up):
1. You will need to have the following data therefore keep a copy of your original PPO before your enter your particulars in RODRA web page:-
(a) Service No without suffix (e.g. IC27563).
(b) Date of Birth in dd/mm/yyyy format (e.g. 20/03/1948).
(c) Date of Commission in dd/mm/yyyy format (e.g. 13/01/1972). For technical graduates your first date of training in IMA/ OTA is the date of your short service commission. Do NOT enter your actual date of passing out. You were granted Short Service Commission on the first day of training hence that is your date of commission. You can see this in your original PPO also. For all other entries, you see your PPO for date of commission.
(d) Date of Retirement in dd/mm/yyyy format(e.g. 31/03/2004).
(e) Mobile No (10 digits only).
(f) E-mail id.
2. Decide on a password. It should have a minimum of eight (8) characters, where at least one capital letter, one special character (e.g. @, $,&) and one numeral (0 to 9). Note this down for future use. There is a facility to change the password at a later date. If by chance you ever forget your password, there is a provision for you to reset it. For example Narendra@72 is an example. Keep your password as simple and short as possible.
3. Entering Data. Click on Sign Up. Enter all the particulars as mentioned above. Enter Catchpa exactly as is shown. Click on Submit.
4. OTP. MP 5/6 collected some data with the PPOs they have. Therefore, your data must match with theirs. Then only your data will be accepted. Once your data matches with data held by MP 5/6, you will be informed that OTP will be sent to your mobile no and e-mail id. Once you see OTP in your mobile, enter it for verification.
5. After this is done, then you will shown your user name i.e. IC number and you will be asked to enter a password. Enter your password. Click on “Submit” button. You will be informed that you have been successfully registered.
6. Open the website https://rodra.gov.in/.
7. Click on the “Login/Sign up” tab or Click on “New Users Sign up Here”.
8. Enter your user name (IC Number without suffix) and password. Type the Catchpa exactly as is shown. Click on Submit.
9. You will be taken to first page where in some details of yours held by MP 5/6 like your service no, rank, name in full etc are shown.
10. To get your e-PPO, click on “Downloads”. If your PPO has been issued by PCDA (Pension), it will be available for download in pdf format.
The following link shows the various steps for registering oneself on the RODRA website.