Minutes of the Virtual/ Physical Meeting of the TSEWA National Executive Committee held at 1000 Hrs on 25 Feb 2023
The meeting was attended by the following:-
- Cmde Sudheer Parakala President, in Chair
- Brig CS Vidyasagar Chief Mentor
- Col G Parvathesam General Secretary
- Brig SKS Rana, VSM President Legal Division
- Col Venkatesh Mahadevan Treasurer
- Cdr Chandra Shekhar Joint Secretary
- Hony Capt MN Reddy Joint Secretary
- Col Ajit Singh Rana President TSEWA, North Zone
- Maj Gen SN Mukherjee President TSEWA, East Zone
- Cmde Ashok Kota President TSEWA, South Zone
- Lt Col VRRS Reddy Banking Advisor
- Col N Sitaramaiah Chairman Charity Division
- Col Srikantha Seshadri President TSEWA, Karnataka
- Col CAJ Swamy President TSEWA, AP
- Hav Harish Asthana President TSEWA, UP
- WO Thiruchelvam President TSEWA, Tamil Nadu
- Lt Col Mansingh Jamwal President, J&K
- Hony Capt B Joseph Member
- Lt Col Dr. Bhaskara Reddy Medical Advisor
- Maj (Dr) Bhikshapathy IT Advisor
2. The President welcomed all present in the meeting and informed the Members that our letter dated 09 Feb 2023 addressed to the RM on the anomalies of OROP-2 was routinely forwarded by CGDA to PCDA(P) for comments. He invited attention of the Members to an important point raised by WO Thiru Chelvam about applicability of New X Group announced in VII CPC to pre-2016 retirees.
3. Item No. 1. Minutes of the Last NEC Meeting: The General Secretary read out the Minutes of the previous Meeting and briefed the progress on various points.
4. Item No. 3. AFT Cases of TSEWA: The Secretary informed that there was not much headway on various pending cases and requested to President, Legal Division to expedite our Advocate to get the cases moving.
Action: Brig SKS Rana, VSM is requested to kindly liaise with our Advocate
5. Item No.4. Charity Work.: The General Secretary mentioned that there were hardly any donations from the Members and that the entire Charity work is restricted to the donations received from Col Nagesh Gupta through Madhuri Seva Fund. He informed that from Madhuri Seva fund Rs. 1,29,950 was given to students of Dr BRR Ambedkar College and Rs.1,29,550 was given to girl students of Govt Degree College, Sanga Reddy. He also mentioned that he could motivate his daughter-in-law to donate to the Charity in Memory of her late father. A sum of Rs. 20,000/ was also given to Ms Rajani, I year MBA student from Sri Ujamdas Somdas Patel Family Trust mentioned above. The president requested the NEC Members to lead the way by donating liberally to the Charity and avail concession under IT Section 80 G. He also informed that he would also be making an appeal to all the Members to avail the 80 G facility and donate liberally since we are reaching end of the Financial Year.
Action: All NEC Members.
6. Item No.5. Applicability of New X Group Grade Pay of VII CPC to Pre-2016 Retirees: The President informed that the proposal of WO Thiruchelvam about applicability of Rs.6,200/- Grade Pay given for Diploma holders recognised by AICTE in the New X Group in VII CPC to the pre-2016 pensioners, was rejected during the previous NEC Meeting due to lack of merits. However, in view of fresh inputs from WO Thiruchelvam, Members may discuss the merits and take a final decision whether it should be taken up. The issue was presented denovo by WO Thiruchelvam and discussed at length. It was generally felt that any New allowance introduced by the CPC does not automatically get extended to the previous pensioners. Brig CS Vidyasagar quoted previous judgments on the subject and stated that TSEWA’s case if filed would fall flat. After prolonged discussion, a decision was taken to circulate the brief prepared by WO Thiruchelvam to all the NEC Members for their comments by 28 Feb 2023 and based on the recommendations, a case may be taken up with PCDA(P) for clarification. Thereafter if PCDA does not accept our contention, a legal brief may be made for our Advocate to study and give his opinion whether to file a case in AFT or not.
Action: All Zonal/ State Presidents are requested to send their comments by 28 Feb 2023.
7. Item No. 6. Financial Statements: Col Mahadevan informed the Members that all the FDs of TSEWA which were invested at a lower rate of interest which were then prevailing have been cancelled without any penal charges and reinvested with New Rates of Interest. He stated that though the FDs are not invested for payment of monthly interest, he stated that as against a notional monthly interest of Rs.1,63,000 we will now be receiving a monthly interest of Rs. 2,13,000 under the new rates. He further informed that the monthly expenditure stood at an average of Rs.70,000/- and that the finances are in good position. Col Sitaramaiah however suggested that we may get higher interest rate if the FDs period is increased to 400 days. The President requested the Treasurer to examine the proposal.
Action: Treasurer / General Secretary
8. Item No. 7. SPARSH Problems: The President informed that he was getting a number of complaints from all over the country that subsequent to migration from the banks to SPARSH, they were not getting pension in spite of having submitted the life Certificate. The DPCC is directing such pensioners to have a Support Request raised by the respective Record Offices which is becoming a big problem. He expressed his concern that there may be thousands of such cases out of about 21 lakh pensioners migrated to SPARSH which are not reported to TSEWA. The seriousness of the issue was discussed at length by the Members who considered that Brig CS Vidyasagar and Hav Harish Asthana should be deputed to PCDA, Prayagraj. The President requested that a fresh list of SPARSH related problems may be forwarded to TSEWA HQ for taking up a fresh case with PCDA during on-going visit of Brig Vidyasagar and Harish Asthana in May 2023.
Action: All Presidents requested to send details of cases with a small brief by first week of Mar 2023.
9. There being no further points, the meeting was closed at 13:20 pm and decided to hold the next NEC Meeting on 11 Mar 2023.
Commodore, IN (Retd)