Minutes of the Virtual Meeting of the TSEWA National Executive Committee held at 1000 hrs on 12 February 2022
The meeting was attended by the following:-
- Cmde Sudheer Parakala President, in Chair
- Brig CS Vidyasagar Chief Mentor
- Lt Col G Parvathesam General Secretary
- Brig SKS Rana, VSM President, Legal Division
- Cmde Ashok Kota President TSEWA, South Zone
- WO Thiruchelvam President TSEWA, Tamilnadu
- Cmde KS Sandhu President TSEWA, West Zone
- Col Srikantha Seshadri President TSEWA, Karnataka
- Maj Gen SN Mukherjee President TSEWA, Eastern Zone
- Hav Harish Asthana President TSEWA, UP
- Hony Capt GJ Manohar President, TSEWA,AP(Rayalaseema)
- Hony Capt KV Subba Rao President TSEWA, AP (Coastal Area)
- Maj Dr. B Bhikshapathy Member
- Hony Capt B Joseph Member
The President welcomed all present in the meeting and requested the General Secretary to commence the proceedings.
Review of Minutes of the Last NEC Meeting: The General Secretary read out the minutes and informed the progress on each point as under:-
- Item No. 1. Broad banding of Disability Pension: The General Secretary informed that applications of 46 Petitioners have been sent to the Advocate and the case was successfully filed in the Supreme Court.
- Item No. 2. Item No. 2. Social Media: The General Secretary requested for more videos should be shared in Social Media. Brig CS Vidyasagar suggested State/ Zonal Presidents to make videos which must include the acknowledgements of beneficiaries of TSEWA Charity and other services.
Action: Zonal/ State Presidents are requested to do the needful.
- Item No. 3. ePPO of ESM: The General Secretary informed that there are number of cases of ePPOs which require liaison with respective Record Offices.
Action: Zonal/ State Presidents are requested to do the needful. The President assured that necessary mails will be sent to the Record Offices where ever required to expedite.
- Item No. 4. Madhuri Sewa Fund: The General Secretary informed that some more applications of deserving students have been forwarded and they are under consideration by Col Nagesh Gupta.
Action: The General Secretary is requested to follow up the cases.
Item No. 1. Financial Support for a Girl Student: The General Secretary informed that the case of a girl student recommended by Maj Gen SN Mukherjee has been accepted by Mr Munikrishna, who has sent Rs 40,000/-.
Action: Maj Gen SN Mukherjee is requested to handover the cheque to the girl and make small video to be uploaded on Social Media.
Item No. 2. OROP Case at Telangana High Court: The General Secretary informed that the case has been registered at the Hon’ble High Court of Hyderabad on 10 February 2022.
Item No. 3. Video Conference System: Brig CS Vidyasagar inaugurated the Video Conference System and the TSEWA NEC Meeting was conducted as Physical/ Virtual Meeting. The President appreciated the negotiating skills of the General Secretary in reduction of Cost of the Camera and the audio system and Maj Dr. B Bhikshapathy for his efforts in identification suitable system and finding out the vendors for the purpose. The President informed the Members that the total cost was restricted to Rs.2.00 lakhs originally sanctioned.
Item No. 4. Financial Support to WW II Veterans: The General Secretary informed that TSEWA has received few names so far for the support. Brig SKS Rana has assured that the WW II Veteran and widows’ cases will be taken up with Jindals. He said that depending on funds availability, the scheme would also be extended to Veterans of 1962 and 1965 wars who were discharged without pensions.
Action: The General Secretary is requested to progress the cases.
Item No. 5. Financial Support for Widow Rehana: The President informed that TSEWA has received a donation of 1.50 Lakhs from the Members and another Rs.1.00 lakh from Lt Col Sathya Prakash Sharma making the total donation of 2.5 Lacs for the case. Brig SKS Rana suggested to increase the amount of assistance to the widow to Rs 15, 000/- per month, if required. The President informed that the entire amount will be put in FD and a Rs.10,000/- will be sent to her account every month till she gets her pension through AFT Case to be filed by Col Ravi Chowdhary.
Action: The General Secretary is requested to ascertain the financial requirements of the widow and send the amount accordingly.
Item No. 6. Pension Anomalies of Maj Gen & Above: The President briefed the details of the case to Brig SKS Rana and informed that a total of 101 petitioners have joined the case. Any future petitioners will be included only after the present case is filed and progress seen or as advised by our Advocate.
Action: Brig SKS Rana is requested to follow up the case.
Item No. 7. TSEWA Membership: Hony Capt B Joseph requested Hony Capt GJ Manohar and Hony Capt KV Subba Rao to try and get more members from their area, which they have accepted.
Action: Hony Capt GJ Manohar and Hony Capt KV Subba Rao are requested to do the needful.
There being no further points, the meeting was closed at 11:30 AM and decided to hold the next NEC Meeting on 26 February 2022.
Cmde Sudheer Parkala (Retd)