COLONEL RETIRED IN SEP 2013 GETS HIGHER PENSION BY NOTIONAL PAY METHOD
- I retired in the rank of a Col on 30 Sep 2013.
- DOC 27 Aug 1983, DOS 25 Apr 1984.Total service 30 yrs 1 month.
- My salary details at the time of retirement were Basic 56,000, Rk Pay 8,700, Grade pay 6,000.
- I commuted my pension the deduction are 17,675
Dear Col Anil Joshi,
- Thank you for your mail. I worked out your pension w.e.f. Jan 2016 by Notional Pay method and also by 2.57 method.
- The work sheet is shown below:
Pension by Notional Pay Method w.e.f. Jan 2016
|Date of Retirement||30-Sep-13|
|Basic Pay (BP)||56000 + 8700|
|Qualifying Service in Years||30|
|Class for 4th CPC & till 09 Oct 1997||NA|
|Pension in OROP||36130|
Transition to 7th CPC
|Concordance Table||Colonel, Table No: 6, Page No: 192|
|Basic Pay Located in||NA|
|BP in 4th CPC||NA|
|BP in 5th CPC till 09 Oct 1997||NA|
|BP in 5th CPC from 10 Oct 1997 to 31 Dec 2005||NA|
|Notional BP in 6th CPC||64,700|
|Notional Pay in Jan 2016||1,70,400|
|Notional Last Drawn Emoluments = NP + MSP||1,85,900|
|Pension by Notional Pay Method = 0.50 x (NP + MSP)||92,950|
|Pension in OROP||36,130|
|Pension by 2.57 Method||92,854|
|Method Beneficial||2.57 Method|
- For you Notional Pay method is beneficial as you retired in Sep 2013.
- Even in Govt of India, Ministry of Defence letter No: 17(01) /2017/ /(02) / D (Pension/Policy) dated 05 Sep 2017, shows those Officer who retire in years from 2013 to 2013 get higher pension by Notional Pay method.
- Your pension by Notional pay method is higher by Rs 96. Your arrears for the period Jan 2016 to Jun 2018 are shown below.
|Period||Arrears per Month||DR in %||DR Amt||Arrears with DR||Arrears for Period|
|Jan to Jun 2016||96||0||0||96||576|
|Jul to Dec 2016||96||2||2||98||588|
|Jan to Jun 2017||96||4||4||100||599|
|Jul to Dec 2017||96||5||5||101||605|
|Jan to Jun 2018||96||7||7||103||616|
|Jul to Dec 2018||96||9||9||105||628|
- Your pension will be further enhanced to the Average of Pension of Colonels / Capts IN / Gp Capts who actually retire in calendar year 2018 which will be higher than what you are drawing today.
Brig CS Vidyasagar (Retd)